Whether you are a tofu pro or brand new to the world of tofu.. here is my take on perfectly crispy tofu. Most importantly I prefer to use my air fryer since it gives an overall crispiness, but you could make this in the oven too!
1. First you will start with your block of tofu and press it. Pressing tofu can be done with a special tool or a cloth/paper towel and a pan! I usually press while I prep the rest of the meal. I press for about 10 minutes because I get impatient, but you can press for up to 30 minutes.
2. Next you will make the marinade. Here is my go-to marinade.
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp tamari
A dash of maple syrup
3. I like to pour this marinade over my tofu and let it soak for 5-10 minutes. People will encourage you to soak it for up to five hours, and this is totally something you could do for maximum flavor! Again, I just don’t have the patience and am a sprue of the moment cooker.
4. Dump soaked tofu into the air fryer at 375°f and cook for 10-20 minutes depending on how crispy you like your tofu. If you are making in the oven flip the tofu half way through baking.
5. Add to your dish and enjoy this perfect tofu! :)