10 Steps to the Perfect Breakfast - Oatmeal (Vegan)
Today, I want to share our recipe for oatmeal. This is an easy and filling recipe that is our favorite way of starting our morning. I call it our “weekday breakfast” because of how simple and fast it is. Alright, let’s get cooking!
1. ½ cup of old-fashioned oats
2. Dash of ground cinnamon
3. Dash of flax seed
4. ½ cup of oat milk and then ¼ cup of oat milk
a. We recommend oat milk as it makes the oats not soggy and compliments your oats the best. Think about it, oat milk, oatmeal.
5. A scoop of vegan protein. (we use Ghost vegan banana pancake batter protein)
a. We also sometimes do not use a full scoop of protein. (play around with what works best for you)
b. We have found depending on the brand it can be best to add the protein after you microwave the oats.
c. If your protein powder contains milk, then 100% add the protein AFTER you microwave your oats.
6. OPTIONAL: if adding sliced banana to your oatmeal you can add it before microwaving.
7. Mix all of the ingredients up and microwave for two minutes
8. Add your fruits!
a. I personally add strawberries and frozen blueberries
9. Mix everything once more and let it sit for about one minute
Oatmeal to me was an old person’s food until I started adding flavor. Honestly, it fills me up and keeps me satisfied until lunch while also being healthy for me. I recommend this to all my go getters who like to start their mornings off right. Also, that extra protein in the morning is great for all us vegans and ones who lift! Try this out and let me know what you think. Pu Peace :)